Send a Text Message
Sends a text message (SMS) to a mobile telephone number. The message may be longer than the maximum SMS length of 160 characters; your account is charged for each block of up to 160 characters.
If a character outside of the range 0-127 is detected in the message text, the message is sent as Unicode.
The message is sent as quickly as possible; delivery is normally within a few seconds.
The use of the
send_text_message method is only permitted to authorised users. Please contact us to request access.
|telephone_number||The mobile telephone number. If no country code is included, we assume this to be a UK mobile number. The method takes care of the formatting of the number.|
|from||A text description of the source of the message; this may be up to 11 characters.|
|message||The message text. If a character outside of the range 0-127 is present, the message is sent as Unicode.|
|client||You can optionally include an identifier for your final client or user. This is logged in your usage log and you will be able to view your usage statistics by client.|
|callback||When using JSON, specify a JSONP wrapper in which the JSON response is to be wrapped.|
The XML response is contained within a
|error_code||Returns the error code when the status is
|t2a_version_number||The current API version number.|
|credit_used||The number of credits used in order to execute the request.|
|invalid_from||The from parameter is limited to 11 characters.|
See also the common error codes.
Free Test Mode
When operating in the free test mode errors are returned if mandatory parameters are missing, or it returns a dummy data response, in an identical format to a real response.
Note that the
mode is returned as
test when the method is operating in the free test mode.
Looking for the old documentation? Download it here (PDF format)
API Method List
- Search for a person (
- Find people at an address (
- Search the UK Electoral Roll (
- Search the Full UK Electoral Roll (
- Person Verify (
- Age verification (
- Search for a residential telephone number (
- Search for a business (
- Search for an address/postcode (
- Validate a telephone number (
- Validate a mobile telephone number (
- Validate a credit card number (
- Validate an email address (
- Validate a VAT number (
- TPS/CTPS check a telephone number (
- TPS/CTPS checking a CSV file containing telephone numbers (
- Find UK dialling codes (
- Find international dialling codes (
- Geo-Code a single address (
- Geo-Code a location (
- Reverse Geo-Code (
- Find company details (
- Find director details (
- Get a company credit report (
- Find a location from an IP address (
- Send a text message (
- Check the bereavement register (
- Bulk check the bereavement register (
- Check company name availability (
- Download a company document (
- Create an asynchronous job (
- Read the progress of an asynchronous job (
- Telephone number appending (
- View information about your account (